Henry H. Brewster, Jr. is a graduate of the University of Rochester and the Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, in Washington, D.C. Henry Brewster has devoted his legal career to civil rights litigation. Upon graduating from law school in 1980, Mr. Brewster moved to Mobile, Alabama, working as a staff attorney for Legal Services Corporation of Alabama until 1987. Thereafter, Mr. Brewster began private practice as a partner/member of Stein and Brewster, LLC; Stein, Brewster & Pilcher, LLC; and currently, Henry Brewster, LLC. Mr. Brewster also works in Joint Venture with the Birmingham firm of Wiggins, Childs, Pantazis, Fisher and Goldfarb, LLC.
Mr. Brewster, an Alabama State Bar member since 1981, focuses his current legal practice on employment, discrimination (in employment, housing and public accommodations) litigation, Constitutional rights, inmates' rights and police misconduct. Mr. Brewster was involved in the creation of the Center for Fair Housing, Inc. (formerly the Mobile Fair Housing Center, Inc.), and has advised it since its inception in 1993. He is a current board member of "15 Place," a homeless day center, and serves as an IHN/Family Promise Coordinator (homeless guest program) for his church, All Saints Episcopal. He is an adult leader for Boy Scout Troop #147. He is married with two children.
Mr. Brewster is admitted to practice in all courts of the State of Alabama State United States District Court for the Southern, Middle, and Northern Districts of Alabama, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
* 2016 "Lawyer of the Year" in Mobile, Alabama by Best Lawyers in America, in Litigation - Labor and Employment.
* 2014 Volunteer of the Year - South Alabama Volunteer Lawyers Program
* “AV Preeminent” Rating by Martindale-Hubbell awarded annually since 2000
* Labor Law Section of Alabama State Bar since 1988 (President in 2007)
* National Employment Lawyers’ Association since 1990
* NELA-AL since inception.
* Included in Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers in Alabama, and "Alabama Super Lawyers" and “Super Lawyers” in Employment (Plaintiff) or Employment Litigation (Plaintiff) categories.
* Tier 1 ranking every year since the 2015 Edition of the U.S. News - Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms."
* Mobile Bar Association’s Volunteer Lawyers Association since its inception
* Mobile Bar Association Federal Practice Section
* Appointed (November 2, 2009) to the Alabama State Bar Task Force created to consider the formation of a Federal Court Practices Section. The Task Force consisted of a ten-person group containing an equal number of Alabama practitioners and United States District Court Judges.